MOT Testing at Crackley Garage, Kenilworth
Is your vehicle's MOT due or expired?
An MOT is required in the United Kingdom for vehicles over three years old. You need to have your vehicle inspected every year after this point.
If your car is now over three years old, you must have an MOT.
If your car has had a previous MOT, please check your last MOT certificate - the expiry date is given.
The MOT test is an annual test comprising of:
- Vehicle safety
- Exhaust emissions
Book your MOT test at Crackley Garage, Kenilworth
At Crackley Garage, Kenilworth our expert team will ensure that your vehicle is fully checked and tested at our MOT centre. Our team will guarantee that your car is safe to drive and meets the minimum standards set out by the DVSA before issuing you with an MOT certificate.
- Flexible appointments at our MOT Centre in Kenilworth
- Pre MOT Test
- Pre MOT Repairs
- Your MOT can be performed at the same time as your yearly vehicle service
- A competitive MOT price
A pre MOT test is a simple test that we can carry out on your car prior to the actual MOT test. This will give you an idea of any works that may be required before your car is submitted for an MOT. If our team find any faults at this stage we can arrange to have them repaired prior to the full MOT, potentially saving you money and the need for a re-test.
If your car fails its MOT!
In the event that your vehicle does not pass the MOT, you will receive a (VT30) this document is a MOT failure certificate.
Your vehicle will need to be repaired and retested.
Driving in a car that has a failed MOT is never recommended, and doing so might mean you are not covered under your insurance.
You will need to repair the issues listed on the certificate and carry out any repairs before having your car retested.
Our team will be happy to help you with your re-test options:
- We will fix the issues that caused the failure within 10 working days, and then we can arrange a partial retest, where we will only need to test the issues listed on the VT30 certificate.
- You are entitled to take the car away for repairs and bring it back to us for a free partial retest.
- If you choose to have your car repaired elsewhere, you can return to us for a partial retest within 10 days of the initial test. You will be charged a partial retest fee, which is usually half of the original testing cost.
- If you bring your car back after 10 working days, you will be charged for a full MOT